- Low sodium chicken recipes can be your ideal health saviour!
- MAKE YOUR WAY TO LOW SODIUM CHICKEN RECIPES!
- LOW SODIUM LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE
- LOW SODIUM CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE
- LOW SODIUM CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE
- LOW-SODIUM GRILLED CHICKEN AND TOMATO SKEWERS RECIPE
- LOW SODIUM LEMON OREGANO CHICKEN
- LOW-SODIUM BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- LOW SODIUM LEMON & ROSEMARY CHICKEN & QUINOA
- HOMEMADE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
- LOW SODIUM GARLIC BUTTER BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
Low sodium chicken recipes can be your ideal health saviour!
While consuming meat, taking note of nutrition labels can keep your health in good shape, and your body will thank you for introducing those lighter low sodium chicken recipes in your diet course! And when we discuss nutrition labels, how can we disregard the prime issue that has been faced by many people across the globe, the high sodium levels! Yes, that ultimate eye-opener that will make you want to run towards low sodium chicken recipes!
Salt is a sodium chloride, which has been shown to increase high blood pressure. Also, hypertension is one of those common issues that spikes up after the extra consumption of salt, about one in three Americans deals with the alignment, and it’s a significant cause of cardiovascular disease. Well, you can solve this puzzle by merely adding low sodium chicken recipes for dinner!
As many wrapped chicken is packed with salt, we can give a shot to low sodium chicken recipes that can deliver the taste as well as healthy!
A chronic high blood pressure level can play havoc on your health, as the blood pressure spikes up high, it might affect the organs, including kidneys, brain, heart, and even eyes. You can easily keep away from extra salt by simply going for low sodium chicken recipes, your health will be in a good shape and you won’t have to give up the heavenly feel of chicken, just go for these exotic low sodium chicken recipes!
MAKE YOUR WAY TO LOW SODIUM CHICKEN RECIPES!
Many of you might be familiar with the fact that an array of chicken recipes are full of sodium, but then eluding such a good nutrition source can be quite painful, and those who have a thing for exotic spicy dishes, low sodium chicken recipes are the perfect sweet spot for you! Just scroll down through this recipe guide of low sodium chicken recipes!
Many chicken recipes naturally contain the high sodium levels, while purchasing the packed chicken, be aware of the salt content, many brands of wrapped chicken contain extra sodium, you can avoid the consumption of extra salt through low sodium chicken recipes that come along with salt deficient ingredients. When adding for low sodium chicken recipes in your diet, you can keep check of the sodium levels of all other ingredients, while maintaining the original wholesome flavour. To know more about utterly delicious low sodium chicken recipes, go through the whole recipe guide.
LOW SODIUM LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE
Experience the ultimate joy of wine, this time for cooking with this amazing variant of low sodium chicken recipes! White wine can be the best substitute ingredient in the place of salt in the low sodium chicken recipes, and this savoury lemon chicken recipe also consists of it. And with the extra dose of fresh lemon and oregano, you will have the most delicious lemon chicken on your plate!
The skinless chicken breast is used in this recipe, as ideal for many low sodium chicken recipes. As many wrapped chicken breasts have a large quantity of added salt, you would not prefer to use them. Only get fresh meat from grocer’s meat department or butcher. You can also slice the breasts in half portion as the chicken breasts can be huge.
- Skinless chicken breasts – 2 boneless
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- White wine – 1/3 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Dried oregano – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon – 1 sliced
- Fresh ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat a frying pan for about 2 minutes over medium/high heat. Stream some oil along with lemon juice and wine in it.
- Take a pan and place chicken breasts in it, pour 1/2 the oregano and half of the pepper in it, cook it for 3-4. Turn over the breasts and stream the leftover oregano and pepper and cook it for 3-4 minutes. Internal temp should reach to 165 degrees F. Take out the chicken and keep it aside.
- Keep the lemon slices in pan and liquid, cook it until lemons start to caramelize. Then decrease the heat flame and simmer it until the mixture gets reduced by half quantity.
- Serve the chicken after streaming the pan sauce and lemons.
LOW SODIUM CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE
Want to line up a healthy dinner party with low sodium crock pot chicken recipes? Crockpot chicken with rice can be the fantastic idea if you want try out the yummiest low sodium chicken recipes that would take lesser cooking time. Go for this delicious and exotic Crock Pot Chicken and Rice combination that can be your saviour to avoid high sodium shot! You will never underestimate the aroma of low sodium chicken recipes once you try the bite of this one!
- Long -grain brown rice – 1 cup
- Diced carrots – 1 1/2 cups
- Shallot – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – 1 ½ pound
- Garlic powder – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Dried thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Low-sodium chicken broth – 2 1/2–3 1/2 cups
- Frozen peas – 1 cup
- Nonfat plain Greek yoghurt – ½ cup
- Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese -1/2 cup
- Fresh parsley – optional for serving
- Lightly coat a 5-quart or carrots, shallot, and Dijon mustard, and stir to combine. Keep the chicken breasts on top, stream some thyme, salt, garlic powder, and pepper on it. Stream the chicken broth. Cover it and cook on high flame until the chicken is wholly cooked, at least 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Take out the chicken and keep it into a plate and cover it. Stir the vegetables, rice, and broth, and then again cover it and cook it on the high flame, until the rice gets tender, for extra 1 hour.
- Stir in the peas and Greek yoghurt after uncovering it. Dice the chicken and stir it along with the 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Stream the leftover cheese on the top, cover it up again and cook it on high heat for additional minutes until the cheese is completely melted. Serve it warm, also, sprinkle some fresh parsley leaves if you desire.
LOW SODIUM CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE
I know, many folks search for the easiest low sodium chicken casserole recipes, as they don’t want to miss out the crunchy and spicy vibe in their low sodium chicken recipes! Try this easy recipe, which is healthy as well as has deficient levels of sodium, Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe + broccoli, brown rice and no canned soup, the unique variety of simple and effortless low sodium chicken recipes!
- Raw boneless & skinless chicken breasts – 1 lb, cubed
- Avocado oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons
- Oregano – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – for taste
- Brown rice – 2 cups, rinsed & drained
- Chicken or vegetable stock – 4 1/2 cups, low sodium
- Broccoli – 8 cups (1.5 lbs), chopped
- Plain yoghurt – 1 cup (fat 2+%)
- Green onion – ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Marble or any hard cheese – 1 cup, shredded
- Prepare the oven by preheating the oven to 400°.
- On medium-high heat, preheat the large dutch oven and swirl oil to coat.
- Add up oregano, salt, pepper, raw chicken, garlic powder, and cook it for 5 minutes, stir it occasionally.
- Add rice and stock, stir it and give a light boil. Pour the broccoli on top and don’t stir it, cover it and bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
- Take it out from the oven, mix yoghurt and green onion, stir it again. Sprinkle some cheese on top and bake it until cheese has wholly melted. Serve it hot.
LOW-SODIUM GRILLED CHICKEN AND TOMATO SKEWERS RECIPE
People often wonder, what does it takes to have the mouth-watering spicy low sodium grilled chicken recipes on the table! A savoury grilled chicken placed on the lovely dry lettuce strikes up first when the thought of eating healthy jumps in the mind. Well, the simple old fashioned grilled chicken for every Sunday brunch can sound very dull!
- 9 Bisquick coffee cake recipes Explore the dessert!
- Mango Dragonfruit Refresher + smoothie easy recipes
- 9 Baby Octopus recipes | Cook sultry octopus recipes!
Consuming the low sodium chicken recipes does not have to be a boring task every time! So, here is a tasty grilled chicken recipe that explodes with numerous delicious flavours, and all the credit goes to chimichurri sauce, which is a type of green sauce created with oil, herbs, and vinegar. This sauce belongs to Latin America; it is used in many low sodium chicken recipes along with the grilled steak.
Chimichurri is that ultimate powerhouse of spice that could be used to elevate the savory vibe in numerous low sodium chicken recipes without including too much of sodium. You would never miss the crispiness of salt as the army of tasty fresh herbs, spices, vinegar, and garlic light up this recipe!
- Parsley leaves – 1/4 cup fresh
- Fresh Cilantro leaves – 1/4 cup
- Oregano leaves (or dried oregano) – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh garlic – 2 cloves
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Red wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Crushed red pepper flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Juice extracted from 1/2 lime
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast – 1 (8 oz.)
- Cherry tomatoes – ½ pint
- Olive oil – for spraying
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce – Take a blender or food processor, mix all the ingredients for chimichurri sauce (everything except the chicken and cherry tomatoes) and blend it thoroughly until the mixture is smooth.
- Chop the 1-inch cubes out of the chicken breast. Keep them in a zip-top bag along with the chimichurri sauce. Keep it for marinating for 20 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Utilize this time to soak skewers in water if you are using wooden skewers.
- Take the metal or wooden skewers and gently thread the chicken on them, alternating between tomatoes and chicken cubes.
- On the medium-high heat, heat the grill pan. Spray with oil and grill skewers, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Decrease the temperature to low or shift the skewers to the top rack of the grill about 10 to 15 minutes or until you finish the cooking. The chicken should be at the internal temperature of 165F.
- Serve skewers with the chimichurri sauce which is remaining.
LOW SODIUM LEMON OREGANO CHICKEN
I have felt the magic of the lemon and oregano in many Greek restaurants dishes; they create a paradise-like feel with lemon and oregano blend in low sodium chicken recipes! I must say, lemon and oregano effortlessly brings out the most exotic version in all the low sodium chicken recipes. This lemon oregano chicken recipe makes the most pleasant meal for lighter brunches!
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless – 4
- Lemon – 1, small
- Olive Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic Cloves – 1
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Ground Black Peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
- Red Pepper Flakes – ¼ teaspoon
- Unsalted butter – 2 tablespoons
- Gently butterfly the chicken breasts in half. Take the garlic and mince, keep it aside. Extract the juice out of lemon and keep it aside. Cut the wheels out of a juiced lemon.
- Take a large-sized mixing bowl, except the butter, mix everything. Store in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Get a large pan and add one tablespoon of butter in it and turn the flame to medium-high heat. Gently insert one piece of chicken to the pan by using tongs, just to take a taste test. Afterwards add three more pieces of chicken and some lemon wheels, cook it until every side is completely cooked and becomes brown, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take four remaining pieces of chicken and one tablespoon of remaining butter and simply repeat the above step.
- Take out the chicken from the skillet and give it a rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
LOW-SODIUM BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
Folks search for the exciting and yummiest low sodium chicken recipes while strictly administering the salt intake! So, here is one of the most soulful low sodium chicken recipes, baked chicken tenders! This recipe is quite easy; you can grab this yummy dish on your dinner table anytime if you like the indulgence of lighter, low sodium chicken recipes in the house party.
- Chicken breast tenderloins – 1 pound
- Salt substitute (for chicken) – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Panko breadcrumbs – 1 1/4 cups
- Salt substitute (for breading) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Canola oil – for cooking spray
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 375°F.
- Get a parchment paper and line a large-sized baking sheet with it. Keep it aside.
- Use salt substitute and pepper to season chicken tenderloins.
- Take a bowl and pour flour in it. In a second bowl, whisk egg until there is smooth mixture. Combine salt substitute, panko, and garlic powder in a third bowl.
- Take flour and coat up chicken tenderloin in it thoroughly, immerse it in the beaten egg. Keep tenderloin in a bowl of panko, and flip it until it is coated in even manner—shift tenderloin from bowl to baking sheet. Do the same process again for remaining chicken.
- Spray the chicken tenders entirely on one side by using cooking spray.
- On the middle rack of the oven, bake chicken tenders for 13-15 minutes, until they start to get brown.
- Turn over the tenders and spray them by cooking spray once again. Keep baking it for 15 minutes, until panko is golden and crispy, and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Check once to see if chicken tenders are done. Take out from oven or additional time if you want.
- Let the chicken tenders cool down slightly, then shift the chicken tenders to a plate and serve.
LOW SODIUM LEMON & ROSEMARY CHICKEN & QUINOA
The Low Sodium Lemon & Rosemary Chicken & Quinoa recipe is an ultimate twist in all the low sodium chicken recipes, as the presence of hearty rosemary makes the dish very alluring! With this fantastic setting full of fresh vegetables and vibrant, you are going to taste the most luscious chicken dish with lesser salt!
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into chunks) – 1 pound
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Shredded carrots – 2 cups
- Shredded Zucchini – 2 cups
- Portobello mushrooms (diced) – 1 cup
- Button mushrooms (sliced) – 1 cup
- Chicken broth – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 lemon
- Lemon Zest – 1
- Rosemary leaves (chopped fresh) – 1 tablespoon
- Quinoa – 1 1/2 cups
- Take a non-stick skillet and heat it on medium-high heat flame. Add chicken and stream some pepper and paprika on it. Let it get brown nicely on all sides. Take out the chicken and keep it aside.
- Add zucchini, carrot, and all mushrooms. Stir it until all get tender, for 3 minutes. Again, add the chicken to skillet.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, broth, and rosemary. Lightly boil it. Then, stir in quinoa on low flame.
- Cover it and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed by quinoa and chicken is cooked wholly, for 20 minutes, stir it at random intervals.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
This delicious and classic homemade chicken meal holds its superior place in all the low sodium chicken recipes; this is not just a dish but a whole comforting meal of soulful southern food.
This meal is the best to try if your folks want lighter but tasty low sodium chicken recipes! You can even make this old-fashioned Chicken and Dumplings recipe for your pals if they are caught up in fever or flue; this meal will surely make everyone feel better.
For Low-Sodium Chicken Stock:
- Water – 6 quarts
- Chicken cut-up – 1 Whole
- Onion – 1 large, quartered
- Carrots – 4 large, cut into big chunks
- Celery – 4 stalks (green tops included, cut into large chunks)
For the Dumplings:
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Cold butter cut into 1/2” pieces – 2 tablespoons.
- Cooked shredded chicken – 4 cups
- Carrot – 1 large-sized, diced
- Whole milk scant – 1 cup
- Unbleached all-purpose flour – 2 cups (plus extra for rolling)
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoons
- Chicken broth or low-sodium store-bought – 8 cups
- Frozen peas – 1/3 cup
- Add the chicken in large sized stockpot, along with vegetables and pour some water, cover it by an inch. Heat it on the medium flame and give a light boil.
- Turn down the flame to low heat, cover the pot and cook until the chicken gets tender, for 2 hours.
- Gently collect the chicken pieces from the broth, discard the skin and bones after cooling the pieces. Make large pieces by pulling the chicken meat apart. You can use the airtight container to store the shredded chicken in the refrigerator.
- Remove all the vegetables and take a large container, strain the broth in it. Refrigerate it overnight; If you store it overnight, all the fat will solidify on the top and can be effortlessly discarded by a slotted spoon. Keep aside 8 cups or 2 quarts of broth for this recipe and freeze the left over stock in zip lock bags. Stick a label on each storage bag.
- Get a large dutch oven or saucepan and put 2 quarts (8 cups) of chicken broth/stock in it. While making the dumplings, heat it on medium flame.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Use a pastry blender and cut in the butter until it gets small sized as peas. Pour the milk and mix it to form a dough ball.
- Get a clean work surface ready, heavily flour it. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by dusted heavily with flour. Spread the dough into a large square by using a rolling pin, until it is 1/8 inch thick. To keep the dough from sticking on the work surface, pour some extra flour. Make the 1 1/2-inches of square pieces by cutting the dumplings. Keep each dumpling on the pan or plate which is prepared. Drizzle more flour to prevent sticking between the layers.
- Turn the medium-high heat flame under the stock and bring to a light boil. Add the chopped carrots and the dumplings, stir it at random intervals to avoid the sticking. The additional flour coating on dumplings will thicken out the broth so don’t panic about shaking it off. Give it a light boil then turn down heat flame to low.
- Cook the dumplings until they are no longer doughy, for 20 minutes, stir consistently. Thicker dumplings may take five more minutes, but don’t overcook, it will make them fall apart. While the dumplings are cooking the broth should thicken.
- Add up the cooked chicken to the pot and heat it until it gets little warmer. Add freshly ground pepper and salt as per your need, check the seasonings. Take out the pot from the flame and add some peas. Allow the dish to rest for a few minutes, serve in bowls by using a ladle. Stream some parsley if you want, also a dash of fresh ground black pepper.