- Almond flour pie crust to get the loveliest savory pies!
- SHOULD ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST BE FROZEN?
- STANDARD ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST RECIPE:
- GLUTEN FREE ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST
- ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST VEGAN
- PUMPKIN PIE + VEGAN ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST
- APPLE PIE WITH ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST
- ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST WITH PECANS RECIPE
- ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST WITH LARD
- ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST KETO RECIPE
Almond flour pie crust to get the loveliest savory pies!
The almond flour pie crust recipe that I am going to share today has never failed to make its way in my cherished recipe guide when I was preparing the most savory exotic meals! The flaky, smooth and butter-filled texture of almond flour pie crust just fits perfectly with any low carb sweet recipes, and what else all keto lovers would want!
It was quite funny when I thought, even a single time I have not shared my hearty almond flour pie crust recipe with you! So, I will disclose some of the yummiest almond flour pie crust version with you that has been lighting up my recipes for so many years now! For all those who crave for keto almond flour pie crust versions, I also have a little benefactor recipe for you, so stay tuned!
There are numerous versions of almond flour pie crust, and the most cherished one is vegan + paleo pie crust, Each of the version of almond flour pie crust has a unique kind of combinations of blends and flavours that works out best to evoke the elegant taste.
The simple almond flour pie crust recipe is straightforward yet quite alluring; you will be able to get your hands on it much quicker, so begin by the standard almond flour pie crust recipe prior going for unique versions!
SHOULD ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can quickly freeze the almond flour pie crust! You can freeze a ball of dough by simply following storage instructions along with raw crust pressed in the pan; the decision is up to your mood!
The specific filling dictates whether it is feasible to freeze the almond flour pie crust or not! You could especially opt for a particular type of filling that supports freezing if that is your prime goal. You can just keep the crust on the counter to defrost it.
STANDARD ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST RECIPE:
Do not skip this simple standard almond flour pie crust recipe just by going through its name, it is utterly delicious and savoury, this classic almond flour pie crust also brings up its unique health packed benefits. It is the most ideal for merging with sweet pies or vegan quiche.
- Ground flaxseeds – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 3 tablespoons
- Almond flour -1 1/2 cups
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water – 4-6 tablespoons
- Combine the water along with ground flax in a small bowl and make a flax egg. Keep it aside for 5 minutes after stirring, let it get thicker. Keep the oven to preheat for 350 degrees F if you are pre-baking the crust.
- Take a large bowl and pour the almond flour, salt, sugar, gluten-free flour in it. Keep stirring it and combine.
- Add the thickened flax egg mixture in the bowl that contains dry ingredients and along with water of 4 tablespoons quantity. You can use a bigger spoon to stir it completely until the dough forms together. Pour the extra 1-2 tablespoons more water if you feel. You will know the dough is ready when you would be able to squeeze it easily; your dough should feel moist and not wet.
- Make a cohesive ball of dough with your hands. Pour some more gluten-free flour if you find it very wet.
- Take a large piece of parchment paper and place the ball of dough on the surface, which is sprinkled with gluten-free flour, as this prevents sticking. Flat out the dough by using your hands, sprinkle some flour on it, roll it by using a rolling pin into 12 inches in diameter circle.
- Gently place the dough on your 9-inch pie plate by using the parchment paper. It is alright even if it is not perfect. Take a plate of pie and gently roll out the dough onto it, fix up any dents with extra dough.
- Poke the entire bottom surface of the crust by using fork.
- For no-bake pies: Set 350 degrees F to bake the crust, and bake it for 30 minutes, it should turn golden brown. Keep it 15-20 minutes for cooling before filling. This pie crust would not shrink, so there is no need to utilize the pie weights!
- For cooked pies: Previously bake the crust at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes and then fill and bake by following the specific pie recipe instructions.
GLUTEN FREE ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST
This perfect gluten-free almond flour pie crust gets merged with the fantastic pie effortlessly. As many hate the wheat flour, traditional rolled crusts get eluded many times despite being loved by many.
This ultimate gluten-free almond flour pie crust is full of protein dose that is another hearty benefit to make this ultimate pie.
When you are baking traditional wheat flour crusts, greasing the pan isn’t an essential process. But when you are using nut flours in baking, I will say suggest the pan greasing or at least lining a parchment paper on the pan.
The gluten-free almond flour pie crust is utterly delicious right from the moment you take it out from the oven. The freshness of this crust will be maintained for one week if you wrap it tightly and keep refrigerated.
- Blanched almond flour – 2 cups (225 grams)
- Granulated sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Kosher salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla – 1/4 teaspoon
- Take a 9-inch pie dish and grease it very well, keep the oven to preheat for 350 degrees F.
- Take a food processor and place the flour, baking soda, sugar, salt and pulse it many times.
- Pour the vanilla and the egg and afterwards sprinkle the small amount of coconut oil on the top. Until the blend forms into a ball, pulse it correctly.
- Take a dish of a 9-inch pie and press the dough in it and you can press the dough in flat surface first.
- Rupture a crust several times by using a fork, on the bottom and sides, and then keep it for baking about 8-12 minutes. Bake the crust thoroughly until the bottom is completely dry if you are baking again. If you are going to use a filling that does not call for baking, keep baking the crust until it is lightly golden from all the edges.
- How to make rock candy with unique flavours|
- How to make edibles for that perfect weed kick
- 9 Keto margarita recipes for party | Simple Keto margarita chicken!
ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST VEGAN
Just by using only five ingredients you can get rock your dinner table with the most amazing vegan almond flour pie crust meals, this almond flour pie crust vegan version is ultra-easy to make and wholly dairy free and egg-free. It gets beautifully combined with many sweet or savoury pies.
- Almond Flour – 2 1/2 cups
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Maple syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Melted or softened coconut oil or butter – 3 tablespoons
- Egg – 1
- Take a large mixing bowl and pour the almond flour and salt and whisk them to form a blend.
- Whisk the maple syrup and coconut oil or butter. Keep stirring until there is a soft, sandy-like texture is formed. You can even blend it by using your hands.
- Form the soft dough by adding on egg and mixing it perfectly.
- Take a 9-inch pie plate and transfer the dough in it. Press the dough into the pie dish by using your hands, to form the crust. Your dough will feel a little oily.
- For baking the crust: Keep the oven to preheat for 350°F/177°C and keep it baking about 10 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes, when fully baking the crust that has no filling.
PUMPKIN PIE + VEGAN ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST
This vegan almond flour pie crust + pumpkin pie recipe seems much complex by its name, but you will find it is blissfully easy when you really make one! This pumpkin pie version of almond flour pie crust is full of wholesome aroma and good taste so that you will cherish it for all life-long.
As many have the uncontrollable obsession for gourmet pumpkin, this almond flour pie crust has a soulful taste of pumpkin pie in every bit of it, so it is surely the delightful light for all the lovers! How amazingly pumpkin pie plays up in this recipe is just a beautiful feel to explore. And the sweetest thing to love about it is, it’s a vegan version!
- Blanched almond flour – 2 cups
- Fine sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Vegan butter melted – 2 tablespoons
- Vegan egg – 1
- Pumpkin puree – 2 1/2 cups
- Maple syrup – 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk – 1/3 cup
- Organic cane sugar – 1/4 cup
- Arrowroot powder – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Pumpkin pie spice – 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Keep the oven to preheat for 350ºF. Take a 9″ pie dish, grease it and keep it.
- Add the crust ingredients to a food processor’s bowl. Process it until a dough starts to form. The dough should be soft enough to squeeze between your fingers and perfectly sticky.
- Take a pie dish and dump the “crust” into it and press it in the base and then in the sides. You can soothe it out the edges of it by using your fingers. Keep the crust aside.
- Rinse the food processor and keep it back on the base. Pour the all filling ingredients and process it until you get a smooth mixture. Stream the filling in the prepared crust and even it out by using spatula or spoon.
- Keep the pies for baking about 60 – 65 minutes until the colour of crust turns golden brown, and the filling gets somewhat giggly. Your crust might transform into brown shade quickly; it solely depends upon the heat of your oven. You should cover the edges by using a tin foil or a pie crust protector in such case.
- Take out the pie and keep it resting for 1 hour to get cold, then shift it to a fridge and take other 4-6 for cooling. Keep the pie for cooling overnight, for best results.
- Slice the pie and serve!
APPLE PIE WITH ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST
This apple almond flour pie crust looks very beautiful and eye-soothing when it gets ready! The gluten-free version of apple almond flour pie crust is just another level tasty and mouth-watering. Apple + almond flour pie crust along with the crunchy cheerful toppings can be merged for best desserts in any celebration.
If you are a newbie in cooking pastries and desserts, you might struggle a bit with these tender pie crusts! But don’t worry, the Apple + almond flour pie crust will get into your mind very quickly after you taste its awesomeness! It never fails to delight your family and guest with its crunchy savoury taste!
- Almond flour – 1.5 cups
- Tapioca flour – 1/2 cup
- Coconut sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Butter – 6 tablespoon
- Large egg – ½
- Apples – 2.5 lbs
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
- Tapioca flour – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Ground nutmeg – ½ teaspoon
- Ground ginger – ½ teaspoon
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Almond flour – 1 cup
- Coconut sugar – ½ cup
- Ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Butter – ½ cup (melted and slightly cooled)
- Take a food processor and pulse first five ingredients in it until looks like coarse meal. Take a small bowl and make egg batter in it, pour half of it in the dough, until it blends and transforms into a ball, pulse it. An extra one or teaspoon of beaten egg could be added.
- Alternatively, take a large bowl and blend the first four ingredients in it and use a pastry blender to cut in the butter; it should resemble a coarse meal. Take a small bowl and beat the egg in it, and mix the half quantity of it to the dough and keep blending it until a ball is formed.
- Take a parchment paper or plastic film and lay the dough on it, wrap it up with another layer of the same and make a disc shape of by using hands. Keep the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Take out the dough disc. Form a disc of 12 inches by using a rolling pin in both sheets of parchment paper. Gently upturn it into a round glass pie plate of 9 inches. It might get broken, but it could be easily moulded back into shape. You can crimp the edges by using the fingertips—Peirce the base and sides of the crust by a fork, at half-inch spaces. Keep pie crust back to the fridge or freezer for chilling and begin to make filling and topping.
- Keep the oven to preheat for 400°F. Cut the apple in thin slices and keep them in a large bowl. Stream some lemon juice and vanilla extract in it and coat it entirely by tossing. Mix spices, tapioca flour, sugar and toss it.
- Fill up the apple slices in the chilled pie crust. Spread some cubes of butter on it.
- Mix up all the topping ingredients and keep them at the top of apples, cover it completely.
- Use a pie shield to cover up all edges of pie crust, or you can use aluminium foil strips that will prevent extra browning.
- Bake it for 10 minutes at 400°F, afterwards drop the temperature to 350°F. Keep baking it for 35-40 minutes or until apple starts getting softer. Wrap the pie by using aluminium foil, if topping gets brown rapidly.
- Take it out from the oven and keep it for cooling before you slice it. You can serve it along with ice cream!
ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST WITH PECANS RECIPE
This pecan enriched almond flour pie crust is one of my most favourite to make savory pies in the happiest moments! It’s a real sizzling gourmet treat that would enchant you with its elegant texture and flavor. The simple variation that plays out uniquely in this recipe is pecan flour, and it works as an excellent substitute for hazelnut flour or coconut flour.
You can create the numerous version of your choice after you get friendly with this recipe! Pay attention to how all the flavours will work out with the filling when you are choosing which flour to use. You can merge these crusts in yummy quiches and other flavorful pies, these play out nicely apart from sweet fillings!
• Almond flour – 1 cup
• Pecan flour – 1 cup
• Splenda or stevia extract in the raw – ¼ cup
• Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
• Salted butter – 1/4 cup
• Unsweetened soy milk – 3 tablespoons
• Vanilla extract – 1-1/2 teaspoons
- Keep oven to preheat for 325 degrees, if you plan to bake the crust prior filling it. Use spray oil to mist a 9- or 10-inch pie pan gently.
- Take a large bowl, and mix all the almond flour, sweetener, pecan flour, baking powder n it and blend the mixture properly. Pour the butter, vanilla, milk, and stir it for 1 to 2 minutes by a large spoon. The dough should be stiff and stretchy.
- Take the prepared pan and put the dough in it and sprinkle spray oil gently on the top of the dough. Roll out the dough on the pan in an even layer by using the fingers. Peirce the base and sides by using a fork, it will save the bubbles and air pockets. If you are going to fill up the pie before baking it, then it’s all ready.
- Wrap up the edges with aluminium foil if you are prebaking the crust and keep it for baking about 10 minutes. Just turn the pan and again for 7 minutes keep baking, then take out the foil and bake for extra 5 minutes, the dough’s texture should be firm to the touch and begin to get brown.
ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST WITH LARD
Almost each one of us has fallen in love with the ultimate taste of lard at some point! As lard is sometimes equated with unhealthy alternative, though it’s a sad mishap, as far as what I have experienced, lard creates an irreplaceable taste and flavour in the recipes that is solely unique feel! Lard is also a good supply of all eluded nutrients, so I thought I should just experiment by indulging it in our yummy almond flour pie crust, which turned out as a lovely recipe!
- Blanched almond flour – ½ cup
- Coconut flour – ½ Cup
- Tapioca flour – ¼ Cup
- Very cold lard – ½ cup (placed in the freezer for 10 minutes)
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Coldwater – 3 tablespoons
- Take a stand mixer or hand mixer that has mixing bowl, gently blend the almond flour, with tapioca flour, coconut flour.
- Use very cold Lard’s ½ inch pieces and break the lard in the flours by using a fork. Keep doing it until you get a perfect crumbly mixture.
- Pour the salt in it. Pour one tablespoon of cold water at a time and utilize a fork to assimilate each one.
- Make a disk of dough by hand, and cover it in the plastic wrap. Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and take it out when you are ready to roll it out.
- Spread the dough into a 10-12-inch circle on the upper layer of plastic wrap; it should have a thickness of about 1/8-inch thick. The dough will still be somewhat crumbly, as there is no presence of eggs and gluten in this crust recipe. Carefully handle it. Gently bind the areas back together by pinching the dough if it starts to crackle, use your fingers for it and gently mould it out in the perfect form.
- Rotate the 9-inch pie pan upside down when ready, on the center of the crust at the top. Circulating the backside of the pie pan, cover the edges of the plastic wrap, and gently turn over the crust and pan over. Your crust will get fitted perfectly at the place, but you would need to fix some cracks.
- Take out the plastic wrap, and use a fork and crimp the edges of the crust. Pierce the crust with a fork at the bottom.
- If you want to prebake the crust, bake it at 400°F in oven for 10 minutes.