Strawberry Matcha Latte recipe with easy tips and simplified method!
The classic vegan strawberry matcha latte recipe is a heart’s love for every food lover as much as it is loved by every diet freak person who another times has to bid bye to many toothsome smoothies and drinks offered by the spectacular chain like Starbucks because of the carb-load.
You could give a healthy flip to your usual carb-loaded drinks by simply coupling up some left-over strawberries with this health-driven matcha drink and bring up this powerhouse of taste and health to greet the upcoming year 2021! One incredible thing that surrounds this drink is that you can readily enjoy it anytime if you prepare the strawberry sauce ahead of time! And if you have been oblivious about the fantastic feel of this herb-infused healthy drink, I’ll recommend you to try this classic amusement right now!
Few months ago, when I was scrolling on my Instagram, I came across the beautiful vibrant posts of layered strawberry matcha latte drinks. For a moment, I was so much fascinated by their enchanting visual appeal that my heart could not stop me from exploring the recipe of this beautiful drink! Layered drinks have the unique quality about them! Every tasteful layer stays on each other while being completely separated and holding up their distinct unique flavors! All you have to do is drizzle one layer over another, and pour some ice cubs, let them melt!
The preparation of the classic strawberry matcha latte might look very trickier and time-consuming; however, preparing the strawberry layer is a straightforward process that can be done by using the stovetop. Sometimes, you could keep these remaining layers in the refrigerator, so the further future preparations for the drinks becomes very easy!
HERE IS THE PERFECT TRICK TO CREATE THE MATCHA LATTE LAYERS!
You might have wondered what it could take to create the classic layers into the latte drinks! As I have spent many trials and errors while attempting this recipe. Initially I felt the recipe is pretty much trickier as creating distinct, separated layers in the drink is quite challenging, but let me tell you, it is very straightforward. If you pay the maximum attention to each layer’s density, the whole thing becomes very comfortable for you!
- Strawberry Sauce: First of all, you have to prepare a strawberry sauce. The only thing that will take a lot of time is this process! However, you don’t have to freak out, as the maximum amount of time it can take is 10 minutes. Thaw the strawberries and extract their juice, stream a little hint of maple syrup that can enhance the depth of sweet flavor. Simmer the mixture for a couple of minutes and use a fork to mash it up adequately.
- Sweet Milk: You should get sweet milk that has a greater density as compared to the matcha layer, and this condition is essential to create the proper layers density. Take some evaporated coconut milk or higher fat milk and blend it with a natural sweetener like maple syrup.
- Matcha Layer: You can use a bamboo matcha whisk. And whisk warm water along with matcha powder. Use a medium-size bowl. The back and forth motion is an ideal way to whisk the match, whisk it to the point it starts creating bubbles.
- Addition of Grass Jelly or Tapioca: The addition of the grass jelly is an optional step! Adding the tapioca pears is also preferable as both ingredients work well with the drink’s flavors.
- Layers in the Drink: The final step is to arrange all the layers in the drink. The simple and straightforward step you can follow here is to stream the contents very gently so that layers are formed in uniform manner.
- You can follow this order for the layers:
- Strawberry sauce
- Grass jelly
- Sweet milk
- Matcha layer topping
LET’S HAVE SOME DEEP INSIGHTS INTO THE BEAUTY OF ‘MATCHA POWDER’!
Many of you might have heard of matcha, yet very few know the underlying powerful health benefits it can deliver to any recipe! It is a powerhouse of taste as well as of nutrition! You can find numerous matcha varieties that fit the bill for distinct purposes, from culinary uses to occasional uses. The flavor of the matcha is very delicious, and it is one of those green teas that never upsets your taste buds with intense bitterness!
You can use some fantastic matcha tools to whip the recipe, such as scooper, whisk and matcha bowl, as these tools, make this recipe one step easier. Using proper matcha tools for blend enhances the wonderful taste and flavor of the drink.
Matcha is an efficient green tea counterpart; it is highly loaded with catechin named EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate). This catechin is amazingly potent in fighting cancer-causing inflammations in the body. Several studies have also shown the link between the consumption of green tea and numerous health benefits. It is highly beneficial in fighting heart disease and various chronic alignments like type 2 diabetes and cancer. Additionally, matcha green tea is an exceptionally potent weight loss ingredient. Many matcha blends that you can find in the market are clump-free, so it can easily create the soft uniform layer on the top of the drink. A perfect, even layer of foam makes your drink even more blissful!
- King oyster mushroom pan-fried recipe! Try the healthiest food in 2021
- Blooming onion recipe for house parties | Exotic recipes to try in 2021
- Nourishing soup recipes for chilling winter! Healthy soups to try in 2021
The simple trick you have to keep in mind while making the classic Strawberry Matcha Latte is patience-filled moments; this means you should allow the strawberries and matcha to rest in the fridge for some time. The sweet berry flavor that delights your mind is provoked by the amalgamation of sliced berries with creamy matcha. At the end of the recipe, you will experience the relaxing, beautiful flavor of fresh strawberries that feels like breezy Sunday afternoon!
The only thing that is the most common between the matcha and regular green tea is they belong to the same Camellia sinensis plant family, the plant that originally belongs to China. However, the growing process of matcha is quite distinct as compared to green tea growth.
The green tea bushes need to be protected from sunshine before harvesting days, about 20–30 days prior process.The covering process with shade enhances the chlorophyll levels. Thus matcha leaves transform into a much darker hue of green; this process also enhances amino acids’ release. The whole leaves are converted into a fine ground powder afterwards; and it is called as ‘Matcha powder’!
While buying matcha, keep one thing in mind, the excellent quality of matcha has a smooth, soft texture and vibrant color. The variety that lacks a high quality will have a yellowish tint in the powder, and it will be somewhat grainy in texture. You have to be cautious about the quality of matcha leaves as it will highly impact your recipe. Good quality matcha will have a subtle taste and will never be bitter. Also, there will be a slight hint of sweetness in the flavor of good quality matcha powder.