Yummy and Woww are the correct words for describing these spinach brownies undoubtedly.
Spinach brownies!!!! Why are you all so shocked? Does that sound so weird to you? Even if brownies are baked chocolate treats, they can still have any filling. I don’t mind having spinach brownies only if they taste great. If we can have pineapple and chocolate topping on pizza, then why can’t we have spinach in brownies? Sorry to those who love the pineapple toppings!
- Yummy and Woww are the correct words for describing these spinach brownies undoubtedly.
- Simple Spinach Brownies-
- Fudgy Chocolate Spinach Brownies
- Healthy Spinach Brownies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Spinach Brownies
- Carrot and Spinach Brownies
- Vegan Spinach Brownies
- Savory Spinach Brownies
- Avocado Spinach Brownies
- Gluten-free spinach brownies
- Boxed Spinach Brownies
- Blueberries and Spinach Brownies
- Nutritional value of spinach-
We want to convey that we should surely give some food items a chance and not cringe away just hearing it’s names. Because even if they sound weird, they may taste good.
Now stopping my blabbering here, let’s move on to the spinach brownies recipe finally!
Simple Spinach Brownies–
Now let me give you a small warning here. If you are assuming these spinach brownies will taste sweet, then you are wrong. Because they are not. This is one of those ways you can shovel spinach in your kid’s diet by giving them a slight hint. You can either use fresh spinach or frozen spinach in this recipe.
1.One (10 ounces) package spinach, rinsed and chopped
2.One teaspoon salt
3.Half cup butter, melted
4.One teaspoon baking powder
6.One cup all-purpose flour
7.One cup of milk
8.One onion, chopped
9.One (8 ounces) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease a baking dish of 9 into 13 and keep aside.
- Now keep the oven for preheating at 375 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, add enough water to cover the spinach.
- Just as it starts boiling lower down the heat and let it cook for about three minutes.
- After three minutes, remove it and drain it well.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder together in a large bowl. Add in the butter, eggs, and milk.
- After mixing it well, add onion, spinach, and mozzarella to it.
- Pour in the mixture into the baking dish and transfer it to the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes till it is cooked thoroughly..
- Make sure the spinach brownies are cool before serving.
Fudgy Chocolate Spinach Brownies
Total Time- 1 Hour 15 minutes
Active Time- 40 minutes
Servings- 12 brownies
Now, these are sweet, and you surely can satiate your sweet tooth with these rich, fudgy spinach brownies. Not only are these super soft, moist, and delicious, they also are nutritious, all thanks to the spinach.
1.Six tablespoons unsalted butter, ( more for greasing the pan)
2.Three ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3.Two large eggs, beaten
4.Half cup sugar
5.Two teaspoons pure vanilla extract
6.Two teaspoons instant espresso powder
7.One cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
8.Half teaspoon kosher salt
9.Three fourth cup all-purpose flour
10.Half cup semisweet chocolate chips
11.Three tablespoons cocoa powder, ( more for dusting the pan )
12.Half teaspoon baking powder
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with butter and dust off with cocoa powder removing the excess.
- Now keep the oven for preheating at 350 degrees F.
- Heat water in a medium saucepan, which is filled one third and keep it for boiling.
- Add the chocolate, espresso powder, and butter in a glass bowl and keep the bowl in the saucepan. Shut down the heat.
- Keep the bowl for at least 5 minutes in the saucepan till the chocolate is melted completely. Mix it well and then add the sugar to it. Once again, mix it well till the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Now remove the bowl from the saucepan and keep it aside.
- For blending the spinach squeeze away the water from it and add the vanilla along with one tablespoon of water.
- Make its puree and add the beaten eggs to it.
- Fold in the mixture well till it is combined.
- Mix together cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Now fold the dry ingredients with the dry one using a spatula.
- Now pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake it for 25 minutes till it is completely cooked but is still a little moist.
- Before cutting the spinach brownies make sure that they are thoroughly cooked.
Recipe Notes- These nutritious brownies consume some more time but the end result is very satisfying. You can serve them as a dessert, or as an evening snack to your children too. Or wrap it in a wax paper and pack it in your kid’s lunch too.
Healthy Spinach Brownies
These healthy appetizers can be served at friendly football matches or even parties. These spinach brownies can also be served for breakfast as they are wholesome and nutritious. And believe me, no one will complain about having these.
1.Half cup finely diced onion
2.One teaspoon kosher salt
3.One pound spinach, either fresh or frozen
4.One fourth teaspoon garlic powder
5.Half cup finely diced red bell pepper
6.Freshly ground black pepper
7.One tablespoon olive oil
8.Two large eggs
10.Two ounces good melting cheese
11.One teaspoon baking powder
13.Half cup all-purpose flour
14.Three fourth cup Greek yogurt
- Use a cooking spray for greasing a baking dish.
- Add oil in a large nonstick skillet and wait till it gets hot. Now add the onions and bell peppers to it and stir it.
- Cook it gently till the onion and bell peppers soften.
- Now cut the ribbons of the fresh spinach and add it to the skillet. Add some water too if it seems dry. After the spinach has shrunk, add a new batch of the spinach to it.
- After the spinach is cooking well add the garlic, salt, and black pepper. So after the spinach is completely cooked press it a little so that the water from the spinach is released and the spinach is finally cooked.
- If you are working with frozen spinach, then microwave it in a large bowl and add it to the skillet. Break the frozen sections with a wooden spoon and let it cook for some time. Press it with a spoon to remove the excess water from it, which helps it to cook completely.
- On the other hand, while the spinach is cooking mix the eggs, baking powder, cayenne, and greek yogurt.
- Now fold in the cooked spinach mixture along with the cheese using a spatula.
- Spread the mixture in a baking dish and let it bake for 30 minutes till the top is golden.
- After it gets thoroughly cooked, remove from the oven and let the spinach brownies cool down.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Spinach Brownies
A deliberate attempt of adding greens to your dessert and fooling your children into eating it is itself a guilty pleasure. The significant part is that not many will be able to identify the spinach’s taste in it. The spinach brownies will taste more heavenly when you add the peanut butter frosting to it. If you don’t trust our words, you need to try these chocolate spinach brownies for your review.
1.Half cup brown sugar
2.Half cup sugar
3.One cup pureed spinach
4.Half cup chocolate chips – melted
5.One-fourth cup salted butter – melted
6.Half teaspoon baking powder
7.Two teaspoons vanilla extract
8.Half cup flour
9.Half cup cocoa powder
10.For the frosting-
11.One cup creamy peanut butter
12.Two tablespoons milk
13.One and a half cup confectioners powdered sugar
14.Half cup butter – melted.
1.Spray cooking oil on an 8 into 8 baking pan.
2. Take some spinach leaves and blend them in a food processor along with one or two tablespoons of water until it is finely pulsed. Blend the spinach till you get one cup of it.
3. Take a bowl and add brown sugar, melted butter, along with sugar. Then add the melted chocolate chips, vanilla, and spinach puree.
4. Take another bowl and add the flour, baking powder, along with the cocoa powder.
5. Now slowly add the dry flour mixture to the chocolate spinach mixture and fold till it is mixed smoothly.
6. Add the mixture into the baking pan and bake it for 30-35 minutes till it is completely cooked.
7. Now for making the frosting, beat butter and peanut butter together.
8. Start adding the powdered sugar slowly into it and mix. When it starts to thicken, add some milk to it and mix it till it becomes fluffy.
9. Add the frosting over the brownies after they have cooled and use a spatula for levelling the frosting.
10. Refrigerate it for one hour till the frosting gets set.
11.Cut square pieces of the spinach brownies and enjoy.
Carrot and Spinach Brownies
These scrumptious brownies taste so good that you would feel proud of making them. It has got all the nutrition it needs and also the rich chocolatey flavor. But one thing you need to remember is that you need them to cool down a little bit so that the taste of the spinach disappears. Overall these spinach brownies are fantastic and worth taking the risk of adding the spinach into it.
1. Nonstick cooking spray
2.Half cup carrot puree
3.3 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
4.Half cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
5.Half teaspoon salt
6.Half cup spinach puree
7.Two Tablespoon. trans-fat-free soft tub margarine
8.Two teaspoons pure vanilla extract
9.One-fourth cup unsweetened cocoa powder
10.Three fourth cup oat flour or plain flour
11.Two large egg whites
12.Half teaspoon baking powder
- Keep the oven for preheating at 350 degrees C.
- Grease a 8 into 8 baking pan and line it with a baking sheet.
- On the other hand, melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler.
- On the other hand, mix the melted chocolate, sugar, cocoa powder, vegetable purees, vanilla, and margarine well.
- Fold in the egg whites and the flour, salt and baking powder with the use of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for at least 35-40 minutes till it is thoroughly cooked.
- Cut the spinach brownies into pieces after it is thoroughly cooked.
Vegan Spinach Brownies
These brownies are not only vegan but are also very rich and blissful. Swiping the ingredients with a vegan substitute surely does not make any difference, but the surprising fact is the taste they acquire even with the spinach, which is excellent. So what’s to wait for? Pin this spinach brownies recipe, and make sure to try it for your vegan friends.
1.Half cup pastry flour
2.Half cup pure maple syrup
3.Half cup dark cocoa powder
4.One-third cup organic palm sugar
5.Half teaspoon baking powder
6.Half cup extra-virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
7.One fourth teaspoon sea salt
8.Half teaspoon cinnamon
9.Half cup sweetened coconut milk
10.One-fourth cup dark chocolate chips
11.One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12.Two cups raw organic spinach rinsed and patted dry
13.Half cup almond flour
- Keep the oven for preheating at 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- On the other hand, blend coconut oil, vanilla, spinach, maple syrup, sugar, and coconut milk till it forms a finely ground paste.
- Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in a large bowl so that it is formed well.
- Now pour the mixture in a baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Let it bake for 25-30 minutes till it is cooked properly.
- When the spinach brownies are cooled down, cut them into pieces.
Savory Spinach Brownies
These brownies are not the typical sweet ones. With the addition of cheddar cheese, sausages, and spinach, these spinach brownies should not be missed for the World. You can make two to three batches at a time and save them in an air-tight container. Just microwave it whenever you need it, and you are ready to go.
1.One cup flour
2.Half lb sausage
4.Ten ounces spinach
5.One cup of milk
6.Twelve ounces cheddar cheese
7.Half teaspoon salt
8.Half cup chopped onion
9.One teaspoon baking powder
10.One-fourth cup melted butter
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, add the sausages and stir it with a wooden spoon till it becomes brown.
- Mix the eggs, butter, and milk.
- Now add the chopped onion, spinach, cheese, and sausage.
- Add the mixture into a greased baking dish of 9 into a 13-inch pan.
- Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- After it cools, cut the square pieces of the spinach brownies and serve.
Avocado Spinach Brownies
Indulge in the richness of the brownies but with a nutritional punch with these avocado spinach brownies. Avocado and spinach disappear into these brownies just like they don’t exist, but their nutrition doesn’t.
1.One cup dark chocolate chunks
2.One-fourth cup grass-fed butter or vegetarian shortening
4.One third cup maple syrup or agave
5.Half cup of spinach purée
6.Half teaspoon baking powder
7.One-fourth cup of cocoa powder
8.One pinch fine sea salt
10.One teaspoon vanilla extract
11.One-fourth cup dark chocolate chunks
- Keep the oven for preheating at 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients, including baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over the double boiler till it is melted.
- On the other hand, blend the spinach and the avocado.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Now mix the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients and add the chocolate chunks to it.
- Bake for 25 minutes till it is baked completely.
- Let it cool on a wire rack and cut the pieces of the avocado and spinach brownies.
Gluten-free spinach brownies
Making these brownies as a snack is not that hard as it seems. You can make them quickly and store them for a long time in the freezer. Because this recipe makes a large quantity, you don’t need to worry about the sneaky dessert treats your kid’s demand.
1.One medium brown plantain peeled
2.Half cup unsalted butter, melted
3.Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach
4.Six large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
5.Half cup coconut oil melted
6.One cup creamy raw almond butter
7.Half teaspoon baking powder
8.Two-third cup unsweetened cocoa powder
9.One fourth cup honey
10.Half teaspoon baking soda
11.One cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Keep the oven to preheat at 325 degrees F.
- On the other side, make the puree of the plantain using a steel blade.
- Mix in the butter, spinach, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, honey, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well and then add the chocolate chips to it.
- Pour the mixture in two consecutive baking trays and bake them for 35-40 minutes.
- Store these gluten-free spinach brownies in wax papers and refrigerate them.
Boxed Spinach Brownies
Who will tell your children that their favorite brownies have a veggie inside? Sneakily adding spinach to these brownies won’t make a change. And the good news is you can use the box mix of brownie for making these.
1.One box of Brownie mix
2.Half cup of oil
3.Half cup spinach puree
- Follow the procedure given on the box, but make sure to swipe the oil amount with the spinach puree.
- Bake according to the directions and let it cook.
- Cut the spinach brownies in a rectangular or square shape.
Blueberries and Spinach Brownies
Blueberries and spinach not only taste great in a smoothie but also in brownies. Are you shocked to hear that? Well, we will prove it to you. Just wait and watch.
1.Half cup Spinach & blueberry puree
3.One third cup Agave nectar
4.Half teaspoon Lime juice, fresh
5.150 g Chocolate chips, semisweet
6.Half teaspoon cinnamon, ground
7.One tablespoon Cocoa powder, unsweetened
8.Two tablespoon Flax meal
9.35 g Oat flour
10.55 g Rice flour
11.One fourth teaspoon Salt
12.Two teaspoon Vanilla extract
13.One teaspoon Instant coffee
14.90 g Butter, unsalted
15.Two tablespoon Water
- Keep the oven for preheating at 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and sift it to remove lumps.
- Then mix all the wet ingredients and blend it well.
- Now fold in the dry mixture into the wet one and remove lumps.
- If the mixture is too thick, then add water to it for making it a little thin.
- Grease a baking tin with cooking spray and add the mixture to it.
- Top the mixture with the chocolate chip cookies on top and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve the spinach brownies after it cools down.
Nutritional value of spinach-
Spinach is beneficial for the health of the skin, bone, and hair. They are loaded with iron, vitamins, minerals, and protein. The health benefits we receive from spinach are the improvement in the blood glucose control of diabetic patients, improvement in bone health, supplying minerals and vitamins along with lowering the risk of cancer.
One cup of raw spinach has:
- 7 calories
- 30 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 24 mg of magnesium
- 0.81 g of iron
- 167 mg of potassium
- 58 micrograms of folate
- 2,813 international units (IU) of Vitamin A
- 0.86 grams (g) of protein
We hope the above recipes of the spinach brownies will be helpful for you and that you would definitely try it at home. Please do let us know if the recipes proved to be helpful or not. And do comment in the section below to let us know your views.