The hunt for sultry pineapple chicken recipes ends here.
Pineapple Chicken is a unique blend of juicy nuggets of chicken and sweet, sour, tangy flavour of pineapple. This fantastic recipe is enough to fill up your guest’s heart with exquisite taste!
While being completely wrapped up with tedious meals, your mind many times wavers for something exotic and tropical? Then the pineapple chicken is the total solution to your flickering mind! Yes! Just like yummy lemon chicken starters, these pineapple chicken recipes are so Soul fulfilling with their distinct aroma and juiciness combined in a solid mouth-watering dish.
Discover the lovely facet of this tangy brunch!
The tangy and sweet flavour and essence of pineapple get easily merged up in the juicy form in chicken recipes, no doubt, everyone is developing the sweet spot for these pineapple chicken recipes!
I am such kind of person who is consistently searching for ultimate exotic recipes to thrive the pantry with newness in taste. While my quest was running wildly, I came across that time, saving pineapple recipes are a significant triumph in exotic flavours!
This would be the next go-to recipe for a big day
I bet, everyone you opt for these distinct yet super flavorful dishes, your mind will step up in its wonderland of an exotic vacation, so stay tuned till the end and get the best of such recipes!
Many times Pineapple chicken is paired up with extra seasonings and tropical flavoured meal, which completes up the whole bundle of joy as it is also packed with fruits, vegetables, protein and essential fats and starches! In some traditions, the dressing of wine is highly preferred for it brings extra allure to the recipe.
Add up a spark of excellent wine
When you including the wine dressing in your pineapple chicken recipes, what kind of wine would be the most suitable is solely based upon the type of meat, e.g., white meat such as Chicken breast meat would go best with white wines like White blends. At the same time, medium-bodied red wine like southern French or Spanish like a Merlot is best for dark meat.
Though it is your own choice if you would like to create some culinary by serving your food with the pineapple base, the whole art just adds up a lot more captivating beauty to your dish! Of course, some tart cherries and veggies are always an excellent companion to make such recipes even more special.
CHINESE PINEAPPLE CHICKEN
This dish is renowned known as pineapple chicken just like its other lovely variant lemon chicken. It is somewhat like lemon chicken as its sweet and sour chicken flavour evokes the extreme crunchiness that every starter should embody!
The Chinese pineapple chicken is thoroughly filled up with the warmth and deep flavour. Many people don’t know that it is not that difficult to imitate Chinese meals, once you make this ultimate starter, you will know! Along with the dose of vibrant veggies by its side, it seems even fresher and healthier.
As the chicken should be soft and tender, Chicken marinade is an essential process which has to be done before cooking.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN
- Chicken breasts – 2
- Soy sauce – 2 Tablespoons
- Sesame oil – 1 Teaspoon
- Egg – 1
- Pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Flour- 3 Tablespoon
- Cornstarch – 3 Tablespoons
- Corn or Canola oil – for frying
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE:
- Pineapple chunks – 1 cup
- Pineapple juice – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Cornstarch – 1 Tablespoon
- Water – 1 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce – 1 Tablespoon
- Take one bowl cut two chicken breasts create the nuggets of 2 chicken breasts. Mix some soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil, egg in it. Keep it to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours by covering it.
- Create a thick batter by adding flour and cornstarch in chicken. Take a large frying pan, and heat some oil on medium-high heat. Fry the chicken in the pan until it becomes lightly brown, turn it when needed, shift the fried chicken to a plate spread with paper towels.
- Take a medium-sized saucepan, and mix pineapples with pineapple juice. Lightly boil and mix some soy sauce and brown sugar, and simmer for 3 to 4 min.
- Add cornstarch and water and create a paste in a small bowl. Afterwards, mix some sauce and stir until it becomes thick enough to cover up the spoon, and chicken to a saucepan and coat it nicely.
- Steamed white rice is the ideal pairing to serve the dish.
SPICY PINEAPPLE CHICKEN (PINEAPPLE CHICKEN MARINADE)
How do you define the spicy pineapple chicken in simple words? A classic pleasing blend of sweet, spicy, and sticky flavours. The recipe which I am going to share is quick and time-saving, ideal for grilling!
While the meaningful pineapple chicken marinade may require little much of time but alters a taste of the recipe in the most elegant manner, A proper marinade is much needed, wonderfully goes with all other protein like shrimp and salmon. So highly recommended!
If you want to bring on some Asian influence, It’s up to you, including some spicy garlic marinade or sweet, sour marinade of soy, pineapple juice will be useful when you prepare the recipe, you will develop some infinite love for this lovely dish which will make it one of your staple dish!
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup
- Pineapple juice – ¼ cup
- Brown sugar – (some extra for pineapple) – ¼ cup
- Ketchup – 2 Tablespoons
- Cloves Garlic, minced – 3
- Freshly grated ginger – 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Sriracha – 1 Teaspoon
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts – 4
- Fresh pineapple – 8 slices
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional) – 2 Tablespoons chopped
- Blend the brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and Sriracha in a bowl. Preserve 1/4 portion of it.
- Add up the soy sauce mixture and chicken and combine them in a sealable plastic bag or large bowl. Marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight and keep it in the refrigerator, turn the bag randomly.
- Drain the chicken, mix the pineapple and brown sugar, In a gallon-size plastic bag or large bowl.
- At medium-high heat, preheat the grill.
- Add the pineapple and chicken in the grill and cook it, flip only once. You can coat chicken with the remaining 1/4 cup marinade until fully cooked, take 4 to 5 min for each side.
- Decorate with some cilantro, make it look more alluring and serve immediately.
THAI PINEAPPLE CHICKEN CURRY
This recipe is accomplished with Richness and Spice. Who wouldn’t love the quick, easy, and authentic Thai curry dish that is filled up with spice and essence to tail off the dullness of tiring weekend? The pure blend of Red Fish Sauce, Pineapple, Red Bell Pepper, Curry Paste, Coconut Milk, Basil Leaves is adequate to create the magic. You might have tasted such creamy curries at the fancy restaurants, but now is the time to develop the love of this recipe at home.
This Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry is a vibrant fun, and sliced bananas, Salted fried onions, Cucumber and papaya salad are some of the items that go well with the Thai curry, these turn out the best take out dish for guests!
We believe, Thai food is cherished by everyone, so curries are one of the must-have aspects of Thai cuisine and yes, all diet freaks can also leave their worries back at home while tasting this yummy recipe!
Information for recipe chart:
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Canola oil – 2 Teaspoons
- Red curry paste (if using concentrated use one tablespoon) – ¼ cup
- Light coconut milk – 1 cup
- Chicken breasts boneless skinless – sliced thinly – 3
- Kaffir lime leaves optional – 3
- Thai basil leaves optional – ¼ cup
- Fish sauce – 3 Tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Yellow onion sliced thinly – ½
- Red bell pepper – 1 –
- sliced thinly
- Cornstarch mixed with one tablespoon water – 1 tablespoon
- Pineapple chunks – 2 cups
- On medium-high heat, heat the saucepan and put the canola oil.
- Mix the curry paste and blend nicely, Cook it for 1-2 minutes, until there is some foaminess.
- Put some coconut milk and blend well.
- Add the chicken with fish sauce, sugar and onion and also some basil and lime leaves and cook them for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the pineapple chunks, cornstarch mixture, red bell pepper and cook for 2 to 3 min until the sauce develops some thickens.
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN SALAD
The recent ongoing trend of pineapple chicken salad combined with grapes is what you have heard about a lot! You might have imagined how the usage of tiny fruit like raisin would play out the Chicken Salad! We must say, grapes evoke the most flavorful aura with lots of appeal of vibrant colour.
The pineapple chicken salad is another level of delightful dish that you will surely love to include on your dinner table when flaunting is needed as much as the taste!
Save this beautiful dish for a light weekend meal with the colourful play of salad, or prepare it before to make it a must-have starter bliss for lunch!
THE LUSCIOUS PLAY OF FRUIT & NUTS WILL MAKE THE BEST SALADS:
CHICKEN: A leftover chicken could be used in this just any other chicken salad recipe, Crockpot Shredded Chicken or rotisserie chicken for this.
PINEAPPLE/GRAPES: A pinch of sweetness along with and a juicy tang is always a good idea to make the astonishing salad. What more? The fruit is even ideal for balancing up the mayonnaise-based dressing.
NUTS: Nuts add up a feeling of crunchiness; you can use dried as well as toasted nuts (Aah, lots of flavours!). Walnuts are good, pecans or pistachios would also perform best as an alternative, almonds and walnuts can take their place anytime!
DRESSING: When we talk about the most suitable dressing, A mayonnaise-based dressing jumps up in mind, a little sprinkling of curry powder will act as a cherry on top for chicken salad recipe with grapes.
Other Delicious Additions: Sliced celery, toasted walnut pieces, Cucumber, bell pepper, sliced onions and carrots, roasted red peppers, toasted pine nuts, tomatoes, red onions, sliced quartered zucchini are some of the best option to use as an appeal increasing side elements.
TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES:
Making a chicken salad with grapes is that kind of go-to recipe which is not only comfortable but also makes the best option to blow your guests’ mind while they start the dinner with this lively starter.
For how long it can stay fresh?
The pineapple chicken salad with grapes will stay fresh and healthy, for a whole week if you keep it stored in a well-covered manner. You can refresh the dish by adding up some flavours by adding some fresh nuts and veggies, salt and pepper.
- Red bell pepper diced – 1
- Celery sliced – 1 cup
- Pecans chopped – ¾ cup
- Chicken diced – 3 cups
- Pineapple tidbits drained ( juice reserved for dressing) – 1 cup
- Red grapes halved – 1 cup.
- Pineapple juice from the tidbits – 3 Tablespoons
- Dijon mustard – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Salt & pepper
- Mayonnaise – 2/3 cup
- Sour cream – 1/3 cup
- Curry powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mix all dressing ingredients, in a small bowl, keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and remaining ingredients. With favourite dressing, top it nicely and toss to mix up all the ingredients.
- Serve with some lettuce.
THAI PINEAPPLE CHICKEN FRIED RICE
You will excite with joy if you are fried rice lover, as we are going to disclose this unique exotic Thai version of fried rice, you might get addicted to it, and I am sure you are going to fall in love with its every bite if you have a thing for savoury food!
Your taste buds’ amusement will be satisfied by every bite of this ultimate recipe! The sweet-savoury blend of pineapple and chicken is what you will get to experience along with the spicy flavour of the rice together with the additional crunch of nuts.
Even though the Thai pineapple chicken rice recipes sound very time consuming and tricky, it is quite easy and straightforward! It will surely make an excellent recipe for your last min parties and guess what, even with lesser ingredients!
One thing to make sure is the usage of separate spices rather than curry powder; this is the prime process which will make your pineapple rice recipe stand out from other methods.
- White jasmine rice (cooked) – 4 to 5 cups
- Chicken breasts (chopped) – 2
- Soy sauce – ½ tablespoon
- Onion (minced) – 3 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves (minced) – 3 to 4
- 1 Chilli (fresh red or green minced) – dried crushed chilli – 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds (whole) – ½ teaspoon
- Carrot ( sliced or chopped) – 1
- Egg – 1
- Pineapple chunks (fresh or canned) – 1 ½ cups
- Raisins (chopped) – 3 tablespoons
- Peas (frozen) – ¼ cup
- Cashews (dry roasted, unsalted) – ¼ cup
- Garnish: Cilantro (fresh)
- Vegetable oil -2 to 3 tablespoon
FOR STIR-FRY SAUCE:
- Pineapple juice – 2 tablespoons
- Fish sauce – 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Sugar – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/3 teaspoon
- Coriander – ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin – ¼ teaspoon
- Take a bowl, add chopped chicken in it along with the soy sauce. Combine it well and keep it for marination while you finish your other prep work.
- Take a cup and mix all stir fry sauce ingredients, stir to let the sugar dissolve. Keep it aside.
- Place a deep frying pan on over medium to medium-high heat.
- Stream some oil, and add chilli, whole cumin, onion, garlic and carrot. Stir it for 1 min.
- Stir-fry the marinated chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chicken turns white and opaque.
- Make a crack in the egg and keep stir-frying, break up the egg in pieces with your utensils and mix with the other ingredients.
- Add the sauce which is stir-fried made earlier. Mix up pineapple, raisins, and peas and add cooked rice. Gently lift and turn, keep stir-frying.
- Discard any clumps of rice by pressing them down. For 3 to 5 minutes fry in this way, keep cooking until the rice takes a light brown colour.
- At last, add some cashews in it.
- Add fish sauce for a saltier, extra tasty rice. Add some fresh or dried chilli, if you like spicy rice.
- Take some finely chopped cilantro and sprinkle on it.
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN BIRYANI: ( PINEAPPLE FLAVOURED DUM BIRYANI)
Our last but not the least recipe is enough to evoke that mouth-watering feel right now! We are talking about the royal cuisine, everyone’s cherished, biryani! But a fascinating fact is that this variant of biryani is not only rare but a classic amalgamation of the sweet-sour taste of pineapple chicken with flavourful spicy, salty rice!
The excitement of your guests will reach sky high when you lead your pantry with this amazing different Indian style biryani! For starters, the biryani recipe might sound quite tricky and challenging, but when you become familiar with this artistic process of making yummy biryani, the method will be your first preference for any big event at your home!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Chicken ( wash and drained ) – 750 gm
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
(Create some good quality marination with salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and chicken pieces and marinate for one hour.)
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BIRYANI SPICE:
- Cooking oil for frying chicken pieces – ½ cup
- Onions – 5 finely sliced
- Cloves garlic, crushed – 10
- Ginger, crushed – 2-inch piece
- Green chillies – Slit lengthwise – 5
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Whole spice powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes – 2 chopped finely
- Fresh coriander leaves – ¼ cup chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1/4 cup chopped
- Excellent quality of rice ( Soak rice in water for half an hour ) – 3 cups
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Ghee – ½ teaspoon
- Water to cook rice
- Cardamom, crushed – 3
- Cloves (whole) – 5
- Cinnamon sticks (whole) – 3
- Star anise (whole) – 3
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nuts (split) – 1 Tablespoon
- Raisins – 1 tablespoon
- Pineapple diced to cubes – 250 Gram
- White flour – ½ cup
- 1/4 cup Water for mixing (create soft dough to seal a biryani pot by mixing water and white powder)
- Raita (An Indian side dish, mixture of yoghurt and chopped Cucumber along with the spices)
- Fresh curd – 1 cup
- Onions, chopped – 2
- Tomato, chopped – 1
- Take a Wok for stir-frying and heat the oil and fry marinated chicken pieces until they become a golden colour, you can grill the chicken pieces in batches, keep it aside.
- Mix some whole spices and cardamom. Fry for some time and add chopped onions, garlic, crushed ginger, green chilli.
- Fry till the fragrance comes. Add mint leaves, chopped coriander, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, hot spice mixture and tomatoes. Stir consistently. Fry till the gravy becomes thick, and oil comes out on the outer edge.
- Cook rice in water and add salt and ghee. Drain the rice well.
- Take a frying pan, heat one tablespoon ghee. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins lightly till they take golden colour.
FINAL DUM PREPARATION:
- Take a large biryani pot to keep biryani, stream some deep layer of biryani spices, half-cooked rice, half part of chicken fried rice, a small portion of pineapple.
- Create a nice layer of cooked rice, fried chicken pieces, biryani spices, pineapple and fried cashew nuts, raisins. Cover it with a tight lid.
- Seal with the white flour dough on edge. Take a bottomed iron wok and heat it.
- Heat the biryani pot on it. Cook for 30 – 40 minutes on low heat. The white flow dough covering will change its colour. Open the seal carefully. Serve the dish with raita.